Tempus Public Foundation / Hungarian National CEEPUS Office offers CEEPUS Freemover mobility scholarships for incoming university students and teachers from CEEPUS member countries in the spring/ summer semester (1 February 2024 – 31 August 2024) of the Academic Year 2023/2024.
Before concluding the scholarship agreement and starting the mobility, it is the scholarship holder’s responsibility to learn about Hungary’s all-time effective entry regulations, the guidelines of the sending and the receiving institution, as well as to check the readiness of the receiving institution.
- Applications are accepted with citizenship of the CEEPUS member countries: Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, the Slovak Republic and Slovenia.
Students who do not have the citizenship of a CEEPUS member state need to upload an „equal status document" that proves their status at the home institution (e.g. Certificate of Enrolment in English).
- It is not allowed to submit an application to the country of citizenship and to the country of residence.
- It is not allowed to receive a second mobility scholarship from other sources, to cover costs for the same mobility activity, destination and time period (avoiding double financing), therefore:
- For students, to have 2 completed semesters until the mobility period, and active student status at the home university during the mobility period
- Tendered period: 1 February 2024 – 30 June 2024
- Whole semester or trimester at the host university (3-5 months)
- Minimum duration of mobility period: full months (last month at least 16 days)
- 170 000 HUF / month (approx. 440 EUR)
- Obligation of attending lectures and seminars, obtaining credits
- Learning Agreement is highly recommended
Short term students:
- Tendered period: any between 1 February 2024– 31 August 2024
- Students working on their thesis and PhD students
- Minimum duration of mobility period:
o 1 month: at least 21 days
o 2 months: 1 whole month and at least 16 days
- 170 000 HUF / month (approx. 440 EUR)
- Tendered period: any between 1 February 2024 – 31 August 2024
- 1-month scholarships
- Minimum duration of mobility period: 5 working days with 6 hours teaching / supervising activity
- 190.000 HUF / month (approx. 490 EUR)
- Detailed teaching plan is part of the application
CEEPUS Freemovers need to find and contact the Hungarian host university themselves and obtain the Letter of Acceptancedocument from the host university.
We recommend to choose a host institution that already has CEEPUS activity in order to minimise administrative obstacles. A list of Hungarian institutions with CEEPUS activity can be found here.
Applications must be submitted through the central application platform at central CEEPUS website; the application process is exclusively online. There should be at least two months between the submission of the application and the proposed start date.
Further information on application requirements, the application process, and the required documents for students and for teachers please visit: Study in Hungary - CEEPUS and CEEPUS - Tempus Közalapítvány (tka.hu) and also CEEPUS - CEEPUS | Tempus Közalapítvány (NEW homepage in Hungarian).
Documents to attach to the online application form
- CEEPUS Freemover Student Letter of Acceptance from the host institution
- 2 CEEPUS Freemover Student Letters of Recommendation issued by lecturers of the home university
- CEEPUS Freemover Teacher Letter of Acceptance from the host institution
All documents have to be signed and stamped. ONLY the offical CEEPUS forms are acceptable. Applications without the reqired official documents are not acceptable.
Application deadline in this year prolonged: December 31 2023.
Applications will be proceeded in case of formal eligibility and in the order of arrival.
Tempus Public Foundation / Hungarian National CEEPUS Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: 25-10-2023